Business Development Intern @ SI
Join the team in Berlin
Our product helps people improve. We provide 700 companies worldwide with a feedback platform so their employees can learn from each other and grow professionally. GoEuro, OpenTable, Marley Spoon, GetYourGuide and many more use Small Improvements company-wide — from the intern to the CEO.
In an continuing effort to expand our customer base, we are looking for an intern to assist us in sourcing out new contacts to introduce to the product. We would not define ourselves as a super salesy organisation, but are looking to increase the awareness of our tool- So if you are interested in making a difference in a fast-paced and international environment, this could be for you!
Who we are
We’re a team of 20 people on 3 continents and looking to grow. Our product is a feedback platform. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.) It’s a userfriendly product, enabled by a very configurable and complex backend.
What you’ll do
The job will focus on researching companies and building a comprehensive list of people for our Customer Success team to contact. This list will be drawn up from the existing information we have about organisations that have signed up for a trial of our tool, as well as researching and targeting other sweet spot companies for us.
Initially we would like the role to focus solely on lead generation, but we’re open to allowing you to also reach out to the organisations yourself directly, if you are interested and have proven to us you’re willing and able after a while.
Maybe you’re open to doing other tasks too? We look to encourage flexibility and variety in the workplace and if you want to spread your wings, then we can help you fly!
Who we’re looking for
- You are a student and want to gain experience (and money) alongside your studies, and you can commit between 20 and 40 hours a week for 3 months initially, with a view to extending beyond the 3 months. The rhythm/hours can be discussed.
- You are dynamic, think outside the box, and go the extra mile.
- You have business acumen. You don’t have an MBA, but you should be able to understand how companies work and be able to identify what an opportunity or a company on an upwards trajectory looks like.
- You’re a go-getter. If you think something isn’t working and could be improved, fix it! You strive to be the change you seek and like to experiment.
- You are interested in SaaS. You don’t necessarily have to be studying international business, but you should have an interest in the product we are presenting and you should be tech savvy.
- You speak English fluently. We are an international company, and given 80% of our customer base is in the US, fluent english is a must!
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English.
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
- Last but not least we pay our interns and we pay them well!
We’d love to find our perfect match! Please write a nice cover letter to explain why you’d be a good fit and what you are studying. No need for a CV — your Xing/LinkedIn profile is sufficient. But do spend some time on explaining one or two of your major challenges in the past years: What was it about, how did you approach and solve it, what have you learned. It doesn’t have to be too long and can be a challenge you faced during your studies or during a first internship for example.
Please also mention your availabilities : when you could start, for how many hours per week and if you are available after the 3 initial months (as a working student for example).
You can send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.