Freelance Content Writer
Join our Berlin Team
Help us make work a better place! Small Improvements is turning traditional performance management into an ongoing and meaningful conversation. We serve 750 customers worldwide, including SoundCloud, Zapier, Duolingo, and many more.
We’re looking for a freelance writer who can create engaging content about modern work practices and the future of work. Our marketing team consists of three diversely skilled individuals with experience working in startups, agencies, and non-profits in the US, UK, and Germany.
If you enjoy working with people who care about people who care about people, then this is for you!
What you’ll do
We’re a company of 35 smart and opinionated people that’s looking for someone who can help the marketing team grow our catalog of educational content. You will work side-by-side with our Senior Content Marketing Manager to create content that educates customers and prospects. You’ll be able to contribute in the following ways:
- Research topics like feedback, performance management, leadership, organizational culture, and career development
- Write and edit blog articles, long-form guides, and other marketing collateral
- Work with our illustrator to create the right visuals for your content
- Create content that pleases humans (HR professionals, managers, employees) and search engines alike
- Align with our content marketer to create a consistent tone of voice
Who we’re looking for
We’d like to find someone with the following traits:
- You have at least 2-3 years of experience in journalism, marketing, communications, or human resources, with a proven track record of writing compelling content.
- You are a strong writer with native fluency in English.
- You are looking for a long-term client relationship.
- You take ownership of your projects and work independently in a structured manner.
- You like learning new things and have the ability to do so quickly.
- You are interested in the topics related to the future of work: how organizations can work better, how feedback and reflection can promote energizing work cultures.
- Bonus: You have a degree in economics, sociology, or psychology with a specialization in human resources.
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can create great communications without developing a huge ego.
Reasons to work at SI
- We’re self-funded — our only “investors” are our amazing customers who have helped us grow our customer base largely through word of mouth.
- We balance life at work with life outside of work, and we don’t believe in overtime.
- We want to do well by doing good, so we turn down dodgy clients and donate 2% of our profits to charity.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades. You can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
- We care about our employees’ happiness. Check out Glassdoor to learn more about how it’s like to work here!
Interested in the position? We’d love to learn more about you! Don’t spend too much time fine-tuning your CV — your LinkedIn profile will be sufficient. We care a lot more about a friendly cover-letter that explains why you’d be a good fit for this role and the impact you’ve had on previous projects. And please do send us 3 pieces you’ve written that are good examples of your writing ability.