Senior Full Stack Developer @ SI
Join the team in Berlin
We help our customers communicate better. We serve GoEuro, OpenTable, Marley Spoon, GetYourGuide and 700 more. Our product is rolled out company-wide, from the intern to the CEO.
Do you like backend and frontend-code alike, and are happy to fill in the gaps that you might still have? We’re now looking for a Experienced/Senior Full Stack Developer (Java, React) who enjoys feature work and architecture alike.
Who we are
We’re a very international team of 30 people and looking to grow. Our product is a feedback platform. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.) It’s a userfriendly product, enabled by a very configurable and complex backend.
What you’ll do
You’ll be in charge of developing medium-sized features right away, and within months you’ll tackle some of our hardest problems.
You’ll participate at the planning stage of features and refactorings and make your voice heard. You’ll work closely with designers and with product management, and if you’re keen you can meet and discuss with clients too.
Small Improvements offers flexibility and interesting challenges: One quarter you’ll build an entirely new feature, the next quarter you’ll refine an existing one, and then you’ll work on nonfunctional requirements such as performance, security or architecture for a while. We’ll ensure you can really play to your strengths.
Our tech stack includes Java on Google App Engine, Spring, Groovy & Spock, Elastic Search, Kibana, Gradle, React, Gulp, Webpack and some Node. Learn more on our Tech Stack page.
Who we’re looking for
This is a very hands-on position. You’ll fit in perfectly if:
- You just love to code, and improve every day
- You have at least 3 (ideally far more) years of experience on fast-paced web applications and products
- You strive for clean code and know how to test thoroughly
- You have worked with agile processes and in small companies
- You’re pragmatic and have a history of getting things launched
- You’re a self-starter who will seek out product improvements on your own
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can develop a great product without developing a huge ego.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English.
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
- We care about our employees’ happiness. Check-out what they are saying about working here.
And we love to travel! Check out our recent company trip:
We’d love to find our perfect match! Please write a nice brief cover letter to explain why you’d be a good fit. No need for a CV — your Xing/LinkedIn profile is sufficient. But do spend some time on explaining one or two of your major coding challenges in the past two years: What was it about, how did you approach and solve it, what have you learned. One page will be sufficient.
You can send us your application here. Looking forward to hearing from you!