Senior Java Developer @ SI
Join the team in Berlin
We help our customers communicate better. We serve GoEuro, OpenTable, Marley Spoon, GetYourGuide and 700 more. Our product is rolled out company-wide, from the intern to the CEO. We’re now looking for a Senior Java Developer who enjoys feature work and architecture alike.
Who we are
We’re a team of 25 people on 3 continents and looking to grow. Our product is a feedback platform. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.) It’s a userfriendly product, enabled by a very configurable and complex backend.
What you’ll do
You’ll be in charge of developing medium-sized features right away: You’ll participate at the planning stage and make your voice heard. You’ll work closely with designers and with our customer success team, and you’ll demo prototypes to clients to gather their feedback. You’ll help writing release notes, a launch blogpost and the documentation too.
Small Improvements is ever-changing: One month you’ll build an entirely new feature, the next month you’ll refine an existing one, and then you’ll work on nonfunctional requirements such as performance, security or architecture for a while.
Our tech stack includes Java on Google App Engine, Spring, Groovy & Spock, Elastic Search, Kibana, Gradle, React, Gulp, Webpack and some Node. Learn more on our Tech Stack page.
Who we’re looking for
This is a very hands-on position. You’ll fit in perfectly if:
- You just love to code, and improve every day
- You have 4 (ideally far more) years of experience on fast-paced web applications and products
- You strive for clean code and know how to test thoroughly
- You have worked with agile processes and in small companies
- You’re pragmatic and have a history of getting things launched
- You’re a self-starter who will seek out product improvements on your own
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can develop a great product without developing a huge ego.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English.
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
And we love to travel! Check out our recent company trip to Canada:
We’d love to find our perfect match! We offer a lot of perks and opportunities, so we want you to make an effort too. Please write a nice and brief cover letter that explains why you think you’d be a good fit. You don’t have to fine-tune your CV — your Xing or LinkedIn profile will be sufficient. Instead, spend some time on explaining one of your major coding challenges in the past two years: What was it about, how did you approach and solve it, what have you learned. One page will be sufficient. If you have some code to share from side projects, that would be a nice plus, but it’s not strictly required.
Please send us your relevant details to email@example.com