Junior Full Stack Developer @ SI
Join the team in Berlin
We help our customers communicate better. We serve SoundCloud, Quiksilver, Pinterest, Sendgrid and 700 more. Our product is rolled out company-wide, from the intern to the CEO.
Do you like backend and frontend-code alike, and are happy to fill in the gaps that you might still have? We’re now looking for a Junior Full Stack Developer (Java, JS with React) who enjoys feature work and architecture alike.
Who we are
We’re a team of 25 people on 3 continents and looking to grow. Our product is a feedback platform. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.) It’s a userfriendly product, enabled by a very configurable and complex backend.
What you’ll do
You’ll be involved in developing medium-sized features right away, under the guidance and with help of our more experienced staff.
You’ll participate at the planning stage of features and refactorings and make your voice heard. You’ll work closely with designers and with product management, and if you’re keen you can meet and discuss with clients too.
Small Improvements offers flexibility and interesting challenges: One quarter you’ll build an entirely new feature, the next quarter you’ll refine an existing one, and then you’ll work on nonfunctional requirements such as performance, security or architecture for a while. We’ll ensure you can really play to your strengths.
Our tech stack includes ReactJS, Java on Google App Engine, Spring, Groovy & Spock, Elastic Search, Kibana, Gradle, Gulp, Webpack and some Node. Learn more on our Tech Stack page.
Who we’re looking for
This is a very hands-on position. You’ll fit in perfectly if:
- You just love to code, and improve every day
- You have at least one year of experience on challenging projects (yes, uni projects are fine too)
- You strive for clean code and know how to test thoroughly
- You’re pragmatic and have a history of getting things launched
- You’re a self-starter who will seek out improvements on your own
- Bonus: You have worked with agile processes or in a small company before
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can develop a great product without developing a huge ego.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English.
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
And we love to travel! Check out our recent company trip to San Francisco:
We’d love to find our perfect match! Please write a nice brief cover letter to explain why you’d be a good fit. No need for a CV — your Xing/LinkedIn profile is sufficient. But do spend some time on explaining one of your major coding challenges in the past two years: What was it about, how did you approach and solve it, what have you learned. One page will be sufficient.
Please send us your relevant details to firstname.lastname@example.org