Marketing Working Student
Sorry, this position has been filled.
Join our Berlin Team
Help us make work a better place! Small Improvements is turning traditional performance management into an ongoing and meaningful conversation. We serve 750 customers worldwide, including SoundCloud, Zapier, Duolingo, and many more.
We’re looking for a working student who can support our campaigns. Our marketing team consists of three diversely skilled individuals with experience working in startups, agencies, and non-profits in the US, UK, and Germany. Help us move faster and craft an awesome experience for existing and new customers alike.
If you’re a pragmatic self-starter and love a challenge, if you enjoy working with smart and opinionated people, then this is for you!
What you’ll do
We’re a company of 35 smart and opinionated people that’s looking for someone who can help the marketing team grow our customer base. You’ll be able to contribute in the following ways:
- Set up and optimize marketing campaigns and email workflows in Hubspot, our marketing automation and CRM tool.
- Write engaging educational articles for our website and blog as well as punchy copy for our social media accounts and paid ads.
- Support qualitative and quantitative research to better understand the needs of our customers and create compelling value propositions.
- Organize online events like workshops and webinars as well as in-person community events.
- Help inform our SEO and paid ad strategy by researching keywords.
- Keep up with the HR Tech market and how we stack up against competitors.
Every project can be different, but most likely you’ll be involved in several of these at any given time, and you’ll have a chance to contribute to others too.
Who we’re looking for
We’d like to find someone with the following traits:
- You are a student enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in the Berlin/Brandenburg area.
- You already have some experience with online marketing from an internship or university course.
- You are available for an average of 12-16 hours per week for at least one year. If you want to work fewer hours during exam periods or more hours during semester breaks, we’ll definitely figure something out.
- You have close-to-native English skills in speaking and writing.
- You pay attention to detail and can see how they impact the bigger picture.
- You take ownership of your projects and work independently in a structured manner.
- You like learning new things and have the ability to do so quickly.
- You are interested in the topics related to the future of work: how organizations can work better, how feedback and reflection can promote energizing work cultures.
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can create great communications without developing a huge ego.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re self-funded — our only “investors” are our amazing customers who have helped us grow our customer base largely through word of mouth.
- We balance life at work with life outside of work, and we don’t believe in overtime. If you want to work from home once in a while, that’s fine too.
- We want to do well by doing good, so we turn down dodgy clients and donate 2% of our profits to charity.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades. You can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
- We care about our employees’ happiness. Check out Glassdoor to learn more about how it’s like to work here!
And we love to travel! Check out our last company trip:
Interested in the position? We’d love to learn more about you! Don’t spend too much time fine-tuning your CV — your LinkedIn profile will be sufficient. We care a lot more about a friendly cover-letter that explains why you’d be a good fit for this role at Small Improvements, and the impact you’ve had in previous roles or projects.