Senior Product Manager @ SI
Wanted: Senior Product Manager (f/m)
This position has been filled!
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately we’ve now filled the position and are not looking for another product manager at this time. This page is now unlinked and will get removed soon.
Help us make work a better place! Small Improvements is turning traditional performance management into an ongoing and meaningful conversation. We serve 750 customers worldwide, including SoundCloud, Zapier, Duolingo and many more.
We’re now looking for an experienced Product Manager who loves agile development. Help us move faster and craft an awesome user experience for existing and new customers alike.
If you’re a pragmatic self-starter and love a challenge, if you enjoy working with smart and opinionated people, then this is for you!
What you’ll do
We’re a company of 30 smart and opinionated people, we have 750 paying customers, and want to grow. Help us build great functionality that inspires prospects and keeps customers happy! You will be in charge of the following:
- Help shape the product vision and maintain the roadmap
- Gather input from across the company, customers and partners
- Draft high-level feature proposals, excite the teams and customers alike
- Draw wireframes, mockups and prototypes with the Design Team and test them with clients
- Write specifications at the “right” level of detail, working closely with developers to ensure ease of implementation
- Revisit features while developed, clarify in-depth questions, and keep everyone in the loop
- Launch features together with marketing
Our three crossfunctional dev-teams plus the design-team typically work on 3-5 features or improvements in parallel. You’ll be able to contribute to all of them, and you’ll be in charge of one or two projects any given time.
Who we’re looking for
We believe that the following traits will be beneficial:
- You have an MVP attitude and love delivering value to customers at a high pace
- You’re analytical and thrive when designing complex features and workflows
- You also enjoy thinking bigger picture & business impact, going broad rather than deep occasionally
- You’re an optimist and make things happen!
We expect you to have a strong background in agile product management:
- You have three years of “core” product management experience — additional UI/UX/Dev experience is a plus
- You’ve spent significant time in B2B settings and in startups
- You have plenty of experience working directly with developers and customers
- You have experience with end-user facing products
- You’ve applied agile processes such as Kanban or Scrum in fast-paced environments
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can develop a great product without developing a huge ego.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re self-funded — our only “investors” are our amazing customers who have helped us grow our customer base largely through word of mouth.
- We balance life at work with life outside of work, and we don’t believe in overtime. If you want to work from home one day a week or a few weeks a year, that’s fine too.
- We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we believe diversity makes our culture and our product better.
- We invest in our people. You’ll get a learning & development budget, days off for attending conferences, and if you like, we’ll support you in learning German.
- We want to do well by doing good, so we turn down dodgy clients and donate 2% of our profits to charity.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
- And we love to travel! Check out our last company trip:
Don’t spend too much time tuning and adjusting your CV — your LinkedIn or Xing profile will be sufficient. We care a lot more about a friendly cover-letter that explains why you’d be a good fit. We’d love to learn about some of your most impactful previous assignments: What went well, what didn’t, how did you add value, and what would you differently this time? One to two pages will be sufficient.
Please send us your relevant details to firstname.lastname@example.org.