Senior Product Manager @ SI
Wanted: Senior Product Manager (f/m)
This position has been filled!
Thanks for your interest, but unfortunately we’ve now filled the position and are not looking for another product manager at this time. This page is now unlinked and will get removed soon.
We help our customers communicate better. Our product enables employees to give and receive feedback in a meaningful and timely way. We serve SoundCloud, Quiksilver, Pinterest, Sendgrid, Pebble and 700 more.
We’re now looking for an experienced Product Manager who loves agile development. Help us move faster and craft an awesome user experience for existing and new customers alike.
This is our first “official” product management role. If you’re a pragmatic self-starter and love a challenge, if you enjoy working with smart and opinionated people, then this is for you!
What you’ll do
We’re a company of 20 smart and opinionated people, we have 700 paying customers, and want to grow substantially. It’s your job to find a pragmatic balance. You will be in charge of the following:
- Help shape the product vision and maintain the roadmap
- Gather input from across the company, customers and partners
- Draft high-level feature proposals, excite team leads and the CEO
- Draw wireframes, mockups and prototypes with the Design Team
- Write specifications at the “right” level of detail, working closely with developers
- Revisit features while developed, clarify questions, and keep everyone in the loop
- Launch features together with marketing
We have 3-4 parallel feature streams, and they all iterate quickly. You’ll work on most of these tasks every single week.
Who we’re looking for
We believe that the following traits will be beneficial:
- You’re analytical and pay attention to detail
- You listen closely and you write concisely
- You have deep empathy for end users
- You work quickly, efficiently and with minimal guidance
- You’re happy to make decisions, even in case data is limited
- You’re passionate about the business at large, and want the product to succeed
- Your glass is always half-full
We expect you to have a strong background in agile product management:
- You’ve gained 3 years of SAAS product experience in demanding startups
- You have successfully launched or overhauled at least 2 different products
- You’ve applied agile processes such as Kanban or Scrum in fast-paced environments
- You have plenty of experience working directly with developers and customers and earned their respect
- You have experience with end-user facing products
- You can communicate in English fluently — German knowledge is a plus
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can develop a great product without developing a huge ego.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US, Canada, UK and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English.
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
And we love to travel! Check out our recent company trip to San Francisco:
Don’t spend too much time tuning and adjusting your CV — your LinkedIn or Xing profile will be sufficient. We care a lot more about a friendly cover-letter that explains why you’d be a good fit. We’d love to learn about some of your most complex or challenging previous assignments: What went well, what didn’t, and what you’d do differently this time. One to two pages will be sufficient.
Please send us your relevant details to firstname.lastname@example.org.