Content Marketing Manager @ SI
Join our Berlin Team
Our product Small Improvements helps companies like Pinterest, SoundCloud, DISQUS and Twitch communicate better. We’ve signed up 700 clients in 34 countries mainly via word-of-mouth. Now is the time to get serious about our marketing efforts — can you help us get to the next level?
Who we are
We’re a team of 25 people on Berlin and San Francisco and looking to grow. Our product is a feedback platform. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.)
Most of our customers hear about us by word of mouth. That’s a great starting point, but we could achieve so much more. We’re building a marketing team, and this is your chance to make a significant impact and to shape our marketing strategy.
What you’ll do
The following tasks are central to the role:
- Own the website: Create and manage content for our site, this includes writing and updating feature descriptions, videos, whitepapers, product documentation, customer stories and much more
- Own our SEO efforts: Great content is key, but only the start. Ensure search engines find us by optimising content, ensuring it’s linked to, and widely read.
- Help with the blog: Team up with our director of Marketing and with smart external bloggers to create a truly inspiring and helpful resource.
- Create marketing sizzle: Ensure that larger features get the splash they deserve, set up dedicated landing-pages and get the word out.
- Help with feature planning: Get involved at the inception stage, and help us build and launch features that customers will love.
- And more: Dive into paid ads, lend a hand when we organise our own events and conferences, and just generally be awesome 🙂
Once you’re firmly established, you can then pick your own set of additional challenges. There’s always plenty to do! 🙂
Who we’re looking for
You’ll fit in perfectly if…
- You have at least 3 years of full-time experience at hands-on tech marketing.
- You write well and vividly: English is either your native language or you’re really close, and the internet is full of proof
- Beyond great “regular writing” skills, you have some additional online-marketing skills that really stand out. You can impress us with advanced knowledge for instance in SEO, PPC, PR, Social Media Marketing, Campaign Design, Event Marketing, or the like.
- You’re analytical: You enjoy working with Google Analytics, Excel, Tableau or comparable tools
- You’re efficient, independent, resourceful and get things done.
- You’ve worked at small companies and bring a “David not Goliath” attitude
Additionally you’ll need a strong desire to learn more about people operations (“HR”), feedback culture, modern workplaces, and what truly motivates people. You can’t excel at the role without understanding our industry. Prior experience is a huge plus, eagerness to learn is a prerequisite.
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can develop a great product without developing a huge ego.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English.
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
And we love to travel! Check out our recent company trip to San Francisco:
Don’t waste time polishing your CV, your LinkedIn profile will be entirely sufficient. A personal cover letter on the other hand is very important to us, and so is attention to detail. We’d like to know what specifically attracts you to the role, and how you will contribute. Please include several links to content you wrote and published. No need to write a novel, short and casual is definitely preferred. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org