Senior UI Designer (Product) @ SI
Join the team in Berlin
We have recently filled this position. We might soon create a similar position with a slightly different focus, so please do send us your application if you’ve already started preparing it.
If you stumbled across the ad just now, better check back in early July.
Our product helps people improve. We provide 700 companies worldwide with a feedback platform so their employees can learn from each other and grow professionally. GoEuro, OpenTable, Marley Spoon, GetYourGuide and many more use Small Improvements company-wide — from the intern to the CEO.
We’d love to hire a Senior UI designer to help us re-imagine major parts of both our brand and product.
Who we are
We’re a very international team of 29 people and looking to grow. Our product is a feedback platform. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.)
What you’ll do
Join the Design team of 6 (made up of 4 UI/UX developers, 1 UI designer and 1 UX designer) and work with the Product and Development teams to help us make our product truly world-class. As a Senior UI Designer, your focus will be on designing the UI for new features, improving current features and providing overall style updates throughout the app. Here’s a bit more:
- Help steer the direction of the overall product design
- Work with the Product team to conceptualise features and ideas and communicate these to developers
- Propose improvements to the application’s overall UI style and layout
- Sketch wireframes and present high-fidelity mockups
- Maintain and evolve the SI design system and contribute to the living style guide.
- Ensure the brand and the application share a consistent character
Additionally, you’ll stay up to date with broader trends and be available for ad-hoc questions from developers. As a Senior designer, you’ll provide new and creative ideas to contribute to the team’s skillset.
To learn more about how we work, visit the Design Team’s page.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking specifically for a talented UI designer with experience in software applications. If you cannot show experience designing interfaces for software applications, or have only worked with landing pages, unfortunately we cannot accept your application.
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing complex web-based applications, and you’ve worked on at least 2 different software products.
- You pay attention to detail
- You understand that great design relies both on measuring and on gut-feeling
- You balance your desire for perfection with a knack for getting things shipped
- You’re pragmatic and strive for the easy improvements first
- Coding skills are not required but and understanding would be helpful
- You share the company’s values
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English. Also, our small team already counts more than 15 nationalities!
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
And we love to travel! Check out our recent company trip to Canada:
Don’t brood over a perfect cover letter or CV. You won’t need those. Instead, shoot us a brief mail that highlights one or two interesting challenges that you faced recently, how you overcame them, and what you’ve learned from them. Don’t write more than a page. Include your portfolio link and that’s it. We’ll be in touch.
Please send your mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.