Senior UI/UX Designer @ SI
Unfortunately this position has been filled!
Our product helps people improve. We provide 700 companies worldwide with a feedback platform so their employees can learn from each other and grow professionally. GoEuro, OpenTable, Marley Spoon, GetYourGuide and many more use Small Improvements company-wide — from the intern to the CEO.
We’d love to hire an senior UI/UX designer with a passion for clean design to help us re-imagine major parts of our web application.
Who we are
We’re a team of 25 people on 3 continents and looking to grow. Our product is a feedback platform. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.)
What you’ll do
We’re constantly reworking existing functionality and building new features. Join our team of 12 developers & designers as our fifth UI/UX person, and help us make our product truly world class. The job combines two major aspects: Building the right features, and building the features right.
- Ensure the product looks slick and simple
- Make interactions and flows work like a breeze
- Display the right amount of detail at the right time
- Ensure screens are efficient and self-explanatory
- Make end users rave about our UI to their friends
- Ensure the product is slick and simple
- Work with PM to gather requirements and personas
- Contribute during planning meetings and define the MVP
- Sketch wireframes, create clickable mockups, or code initial prototypes
- Validate assumptions by conducting user tests
- Guide the frontend-developers
Beyond feature work, you’ll contribute to our styleguide, you’ll stay up to date with broader trends, and you’re available for developers’ ad-hoc questions. As a Senior designer, you’ll provide new and innovative ideas to contribute to the team’s skillset.
To learn more about how we work, visit the Design Team’s page.
Who we’re looking for
- You have at least 3 (ideally more) years of experience designing complex applications, and you’ve worked on at least 2 different products
- You pay attention to detail
- You understand that great design relies both on measuring and on gut-feeling
- You balance your desire for perfection with a knack for shipping
- You’re pragmatic and push for the easy improvements first
- You have start-up experience, and ideally SAAS experience too
- You have basic HTML and CSS skills: You can work with existing code and you can prototype in the browser if needed
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English.
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
And we love to travel! Check out our recent company trip to San Francisco:
Don’t brood over a perfect cover letter or CV. You won’t need those. Instead, shoot us a brief mail that highlights one or two interesting challenges that you faced recently, how you overcame them, and what you’ve learned from them. Don’t write more than a page. Include your portfolio link and that’s it. We’ll be in touch.
Please send your mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.