Junior UI/UX Developer @ SI
Join the team in Berlin
Note: We’ve filled this position and will remove this advert soon.
Our product helps people improve. We provide 700 companies worldwide with a feedback platform so their employees can learn from each other and grow professionally. GoEuro, OpenTable, Marley Spoon, GetYourGuide and many more use Small Improvements company-wide — from the intern to the CEO.
We’d love to hire a keen UI/UX developer with a passion for clean design to help us re-imagine major parts of our web application.
Who we are
We’re a very international team of 30 people and looking to grow. Our product is a feedback platform. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.)
What you’ll do
We’re constantly reworking existing functionality and building new features. Join our team of 12 developers & designers as our fifth UI/UX person, and help us make our product truly world class. The job combines design and development:
- Ensure the product looks slick and simple
- Make interactions and flows work like a breeze
- Display the right amount of detail at the right time
- Ensure screens are efficient and self-explanatory
- Make end users rave about our UI to their friends
- Sketch wireframes and create clickable mockups for instance using InVision
- Build new features in React with our frontend developers
- Ensure our HTML and CSS is clean, simple and compliant
- Fix UI bugs and glitches
- Learn about our build process (gulp, webpack) and help improve and tune it
Beyond feature work, you’ll contribute to our styleguide, you’ll stay up to date with broader trends, and you’re available for developers’ ad-hoc questions.
To learn more about how we work, visit the Design Team’s page.
Who we’re looking for
Have you just finished school or uni, and possibly also gained some initial work experience? Let’s chat! We’re not very interested in formal qualifications, we care more about the following:
- You have an eye for modern web design.
- You have good HTML and CSS skills and have an active interest in the topic of managing CSS for large codebases.
- You have worked on React apps in a professional context before
- You pay attention to detail.
- You’re pragmatic and push for the easy improvements first.
- You’re self-motivated and come up with suggestions on your own.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English. Also, our small team already counts more than 15 nationalities!
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
And we love to travel! Check out our recent company trip to Canada:
Don’t brood over a perfect cover letter or CV. You won’t need those. Instead, shoot us a brief mail that highlights one or two interesting UI/UX challenges that you faced recently, how you overcame them, and what you’ve learned from them. Don’t write more than a page. Include a portfolio link and that’s it. We’ll be in touch.
Please send your mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.