UX Designer @ SI
Sorry, this position is closed!
Help us make work a better place! Small Improvements is turning traditional performance management into an ongoing and positive feedback conversation. We serve 750 customers worldwide, including SoundCloud, Zapier, Vimeo, and many more.
We’re looking for an experienced UX Designer who loves agile product development. Help us move faster and craft an awesome user experience for existing and new customers alike.
This is a permanent position but we’re also open to hiring a freelancer, or someone looking for a short term position (6 to 12 months).
What you’ll do
Join our Product+Design team of 5 in bringing our world-class Performance Management product to the next level. As a UX Designer, you’ll focus on building a deep understanding of our users, designing the experience for users interacting with our tool in different contexts, validating those ideas by experiments and tests and sharing the insights with the company.
In this role, you will…
- Work within the Product team and other designers to conceptualize features and ideas and communicate these to our leadership and teams
- Conduct discovery research, customer interviews and ideation workshops to uncover user needs and new business opportunities
- Design experiments to validate or disprove product ideas and design iterations
- Translate research and validation insights into deliverables such as user journeys, storyboards, user flows and wireframes and screen mocks
- Continuously propose changes to the Small Improvements application in the context of improving usability and overall user experience
To learn more about how we work, visit the Design Team’s page.
Who we’re looking for
- You have at least 3 years of proven experience designing UX for complex web-based applications with experience working on at least one non B2C product
- You’re experienced in leading ideation, design and strategic workshops within cross-functional teams and with users
- You have experience validating discovery work through data-driven experiments
- You consider all the complexities of delivering business and customer value and have passion for uniting user goals with those of our business
- You have experience working directly with developers and product managers
- We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can develop a great product without having a huge ego.
- Experience working in self-funded company
- Prior experience designing for a B2B SaaS
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re self-funded — our only “investors” are our amazing customers who have helped us grow our customer base largely through word of mouth.
- We balance life at work with life outside of work, and we don’t believe in overtime. If you want to work from home one day a week or a few weeks a year, that’s fine too.
- We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we believe diversity makes our culture and our product better.
- We invest in our people. You’ll get a learning & development budget, days off for attending conferences, and if you like, we’ll support you in learning German.
- We want to do well by doing good, so we turn down dodgy clients and donate 2% of our profits to charity.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
- We care about our employees’ happiness. Check out Glassdoor to learn more about how it’s like to work here!
And we love to travel! Check out our last company trip:
Interested in the position? We’d love to learn more about you! Don’t spend too much time tuning and adjusting your CV — your LinkedIn or Xing profile will be sufficient. We care a lot more about a friendly cover-letter that explains why you’d be a good fit for this role at Small Improvements, and the impact you had and what you learned in your previous company or projects.