VP of Product
We’re sorry! This position is almost filled and we don’t accept new applications.
Join our Berlin Team
Help us make work a better place! Small Improvements is turning traditional performance management into an ongoing and meaningful conversation. We serve 750 customers worldwide, including SoundCloud, Zapier, Duolingo and many more.
We’re now looking for an VP of Product to lead a department of six people for a highly international product in a competitive space. Help us shape our product vision, and implement the strategy to get us there.
Who we are
We’re a friendly team of 32 people working in our head office in Berlin and remotely in the US to support 750+ customers in 35 countries. Our product is helping employees to give and receive meaningful feedback, structure 1:1 meetings, set goals, and praise each other for a job well done.
We’re passionate about creating an awesome product and delivering an exceptional user experienc. Our customers include some of the most innovative and forward thinking people and culture leaders around the world.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a VP of Product to lead a department of five Small Improvers. Our Product team currently consists of a Product Manager, an Analyst, and a Design department of three. You will also collaborate heavily with our CEO, CTO, and customer-facing staff.
You will be in charge of the following:
- Shape, evolve, and drive the product vision and strategy
- Lead, grow, and inspire the Product department
- Own the roadmap and excite our departments and customers alike
- Contribute to the company strategy
- Work with all teams to streamline our processes and structures
Who we’re looking for
You’ll fit right in if…
- You’re a people-person who loves teamwork and mentoring others
- You enjoy process management and setting up the right structure for the work at hand
- You’re passionate about the business at large: You want the product to be awesome and pay the bills too
- You love working in a fast-paced and passionate environment
- You have a positive and friendly can-do attitude
We expect you to have a strong background in agile product development:
- You’ve built and led product teams for years, and your team members would vouch for you
- You have at least three years of SAAS product experience in demanding agile startups
- You’ve successfully launched or overhauled at least two different products
- You have experience with end-user facing products
- You’ve successfully balanced the needs of all departments, ranging from sales through development to support
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re self-funded — our only “investors” are our amazing customers who have helped us grow our customer base largely through word of mouth.
- We balance life at work with life outside of work, and we don’t believe in overtime. If you want to work from home one day a week or a few weeks a year, that’s fine too.
- We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we believe diversity makes our culture and our product better.
- We invest in our people. You’ll get a learning & development budget, days off for attending conferences, and if you like, we’ll support you in learning German.
- We want to do well by doing good, so we turn down dodgy clients and donate 2% of our profits to charity.
- Our office near Hackescher Markt is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum. Take an office tour.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
- And we love to travel! Check out our last company trip:
Before all, we’re interested in knowing how you would fit in with us and what you bring on board. So a personal cover letter is more important to us than a perfectly polished resume. We would like you to describe one or two larger and demanding projects from the recent years; we’re keen to learn who you worked with, what challenges you faced, how they were resolved and what your learnings were. You can send us your application here. Looking forward to hearing from you!