Junior Business Development Representative (SAAS, Remote)
Sorry, but this position has been filled!
Join our (remote) customer team
Small Improvements helps employees grow and succeed. We provide 750 companies worldwide with a feedback platform so their employees can learn from each other and grow professionally. SoundCloud, DISQUS, Marley Spoon, GetYourGuide and many more use our SAAS solution company-wide — from the intern to the CEO.
In an continuing effort to expand our customer base, we are looking for a junior business developer to assist us in working with prospects and customers alike.
This position is remote – you can work anywhere in the US continental time zones.
Who we are
We’re a company of 28 people in Berlin and the US and looking to grow. Our product is a performance feedback platform rolled out company-wide from the intern to the CEO. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives, organize one-on-one meetings, and to praise each other for a job well done.
We’ve got a very strong customer team in place, and want to get even better at showcasing our product, working with prospects, and ensuring a smooth roll-out. We’re not a super salesy organization, but are looking to increase the awareness of our tool. So if you are interested in making a difference in a fast-paced and international environment, this could be for you!
What you’ll do
The job will focus on three major aspects:
Help convert leads into happy customers: Our pipeline is full so you’ll be busy. Our initial discovery demos with prospects are an essential gauge to determine whether our solution is the right fit for their needs. You’ll learn to understand the mindset of the HR professional, be a great listener, and never over-promise. This is a people business and our job is more guide than pitch.
Generate new leads: The pipeline could always be fuller! You’ll work closely with Marketing as they nurture leads upstream, actively looking for ways to connect the dots within our inbound strategy. You’ll occasionally attend events we sponsor, you’ll brainstorm outbound campaigns to reach under-saturated regions and markets, and you’ll help with competitor analysis to improve our targeting.
Ensure customers are happy beyond the purchase: Our dedicated customer success and support teams are in charge of retention and happiness. You’ll help by making the onboarding handover smooth, and offer semi-regular check-ins to ensure we close our feedback loop.
And more! We love people who are well-rounded and have many strengths. Sales, Success, & Support work very closely with each other – so you can expect to spend some time in another team learning about the product and space too. Beyond the core responsibilities you’re welcome to grow into other areas, and are heavily encouraged to help shape the direction of the product! If you want to spread your wings, then we can help you fly.
Who we’re looking for
You don’t have to tick all the boxes, but we are looking for someone quite special that embodies most of the following:
- You’ve recently completed your school or university and want to gain experience
- You are dynamic, think outside the box, and go the extra mile.
- You have business acumen. You don’t need to have an MBA, but you should be able to understand how companies work and be able to identify what an opportunity or a company on an upwards trajectory looks like.
- You’re keen in learning about the HR tech market, what makes for great workplaces, what motivates people, and how the workplace of the future might look like. We can’t do our jobs well unless we really know our customers’ and their needs.
- You’re a go-getter. If you think something isn’t working and could be improved, fix it! You strive to be the change you seek and like to experiment.
- You are interested in SaaS and the online world in general, and you’re tech savvy and a quick learner.
- You speak English fluently and write well and concisely
Also, you should be comfortable working remotely. Our remote team makes a concerted effort to stay connected and overshare as much as possible, but working without the regular “water cooler talks” is not for everyone. You’ll always need to find new ways to reengage, comfortable with managing your own time and workload.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We’re based in Berlin and sell mainly to the US and to Australia. Our staff of 28 hails from 16 countries (All our written communication is in English)
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’re invited to visit our Berlin head office for three weeks once a year and we cover the costs. Take an office tour.
And we love to travel! Check out our recent company trip to Canada:
We’d love to find our perfect match! Don’t waste time polishing your CV, a LinkedIn profile will do. But please write a nice cover letter to explain why you feel you’d be a good fit. We’d also like you to spend some time on explaining one or two of your major challenges in the past years: What was it about, how did you approach and solve it, what have you learned. It doesn’t have to be too long and can be a challenge you faced during your studies or during a first internship for example. No need to write a novel, one page will be fine.
Please send your application to email@example.com. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!